Ross Stomel is a Senior Partner at Shrader & Associates, L.L.P and is the head of the firm’s asbestos department. Ross received his bachelor’s degree from University of Texas at Austin and his law degree from South Texas College of Law where he graduated cum laude and served as Assistant Editor-in-Chief of South Texas Law Review.
Ross is nationally recognized as one of the top civil trial lawyers in the county. During his career, he has been lead counsel on cases that have recovered over 250 million dollars in verdicts and settlements across the United States. Ross represents a wide spectrum of clients, focusing on high stakes litigation. Ross’ area of practice has included products liability, premises liability, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, with an emphasis on complex mass tort cases.
Ross has also received numerous accolades for his success in the courtroom including:
- Named one of the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- Named one of the “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
- Selected by his legal peers as a Texas Super Lawyers®-Star in Texas Monthly magazine.
- Selected by his legal peers as a “Top 100 High Stakes Litigator” by America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®
- Selected by his legal peers as a Texas Super Lawyers®-Rising Star in Texas Monthly magazine.
- Named one of America’s “Top 40 Trial Lawyers Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- Elected to The Million Dollar Advocates Forum. A forum that has been recognized as one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million or multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Ross has litigated cases all over the country. He is also licensed to practice in all Texas State Courts, all Illinois State Courts, all Missouri State Courts, The United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, and The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Ross serves on the Executive Committee of the National Trial Lawyers Association. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Houston Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the State Bar of Texas, American Bar Associations, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice.
Ross is frequently asked to speak across the country before groups of both plaintiff and defense lawyers on various issues and topics.
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
NADC Top 1%