Over A Billion Recovered Nationwide
Mesothelioma Stage 2
Stage II – The Butchart System
The tumor has invaded the chest wall or other tissues/ structures, such as the esophagus or trachea. It is still considered operable, but the prognosis is not as good as in stage I.
Stage II – The TNM System
The TNM system is based on the evaluation of three components:
- T- The extent of the primary tumor
- N- Whether or not the tumor has spread (metastasized) into the regional lymph nodes and how extensively it has spread
- M – Whether or not there is distant metastasis
Numbers are used in conjunction with each letter to indicate the extent of the disease.
Stage II is divided into IIA and IIB:
- Stage IIA – Either the tumor size is between 5 and 7cm, and it has not metastasized into any lymph nodes; or the tumor size is smaller than 5 cm, but it has spread into the lymph nodes close to the lung that has been affected by the disease.
- Stage IIB – There are several different sets of circumstances for this stage:
The tumor size is between 5 and 7cm and it has not metastasized into the lymph nodes close to the lung affected by the disease. The tumor size is larger than 7 cm, but it has not metastasized into the lymph nodes; or it is 7 cm in size, has not spread to the lymph nodes, but has spread to the chest wall, diaphragm, or sac around the heart; or it is 7 cm in size and has spread into the main airway where it connects to the lungs; or it is 7 cm in size and is causing part of the lung to collapse; or there is more than one tumor of any size in the same lob of the diseased lung.
The tumor is still considered operable, but the prognosis is poorer than in stage I.
We Take Our Clients’ Cases Personal
Helping Victims of Mesothelioma Is Why We Do What We Do
Your firm has made this stressful process easy and comfortable for me.
I couldn’t have done it without you.
The professionals at Shrader & Associates did the work, hassle free, and ensured I was able to leave a legacy for my family.
Your team stood by me throughout the entire process.
Thanks to you, the grief of my loss would have been almost unbearable otherwise.
The Right Team Makes a Difference
Mesothelioma cases require technical knowledge and an understanding of complex laws. An attorney with experience trying these claims and substantial resources to leverage on your behalf is your best bet to having a strong case. We are nationally recognized for providing quality representation to mesothelioma patients and their families.Meet Our Attorney