If you or a loved one are suffering from mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Utilizing the help of a mesothelioma lawyer can get you and your family the justice you deserve.
A mesothelioma lawyer specializes in helping you get compensation through lawsuits or litigation. This compensation can cover a range of expenses, including medical costs, legal fees, and pain and suffering. The best mesothelioma lawyers work for a national firm and have a proven track record of success.
Why You Should Hire a Mesothelioma Lawyer
An experienced mesothelioma lawyer is the most qualified attorney to assist you in filing a mesothelioma lawsuit. Their legal support includes:
- Access to tools that will help you win your case.
- Effective representation in court. Your mesothelioma lawyer understands the complex legal intricacies of asbestos exposure claims.
- A winning strategy to get the compensation you deserve for wrongful exposure to asbestos.
What a Successful Mesothelioma Lawyer Looks Like
Before hiring a mesothelioma lawyer, you should look for a nationwide firm with experience in winning asbestos cases. They should specialize in mesothelioma cases, including litigation, lawsuits, and claims against asbestos trust funds.
You’ll want to hire a lawyer who not only has years of experience with both federal and state asbestos laws but one that also has a history of successful verdicts and large settlements. Your mesothelioma lawyer should have the ability to travel nationwide when gathering information about your case and should be well-versed in handling cases that span across multiple states.
Apart from legal experience, you’ll want to work with someone with who you are comfortable sharing personal health and work details and someone with who you aren’t afraid to ask questions. The litigation process can be long and complicated, and you’ll want to be sure you’re comfortable and understand the process.
One of the best resources available when using a mesothelioma lawyer is their access to databases that cover companies that have used asbestos and manufactured asbestos products. They’ll have access to tools that other attorneys who do not specialize in mesothelioma do not.
Lastly, your mesothelioma lawyer should be willing and able to explain all types of compensation available to you and your loved ones.
Expenses Compensation Can Cover
Winning compensation from your asbestos lawsuit can be used to cover a variety of expenses, including:
- Lost wages
- Caregiver costs
- Funeral costs
- Medical costs
- Travel expenses
- Therapy and grief support
Types of Claims a Mesothelioma Lawyer Handles
Your lawyer will work with you to determine the best way to pursue compensation for your injury or illness. Most people either file a mesothelioma lawsuit or make a claim to an asbestos trust fund. However, some companies have an on-staff veteran specializing in VA claims and compensation.
- Personal Injury Lawsuit: A person diagnosed with mesothelioma can file suit against a company or companies that may be responsible for their illness.
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit: The estate of a deceased person can file a wrongful death lawsuit against one or more companies that exposed them to asbestos.
- Asbestos Trust Funds: Asbestos companies that have gone bankrupt have set aside large sums of money in asbestos trusts to compensate people diagnosed with mesothelioma. This is why your lawyer needs to be well-versed in this process to help you get what you deserve.
- Mesothelioma Settlements: Most mesothelioma lawsuits do not go to trial. Settlements typically cost less and provide a faster payout of damages.
Shrader Law: Fighting for the Justice Our Clients Deserve
If you’ve developed mesothelioma as a result of working with asbestos, you may be owed compensation for the expenses related to your illness as well as the pain and suffering you’ve endured. The attorneys at Shrader & Associates can help you get the justice you deserve.
Contact the experienced team at Shrader & Associates L.L.P. to learn more about how we can help with your case. Call (877) 958-7920 or fill out the online contact form to get in touch with a skilled attorney today.